Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: rb26 into cefiro information....  (Read 16825 times)

west07

• RB20E
    • View Profile
rb26 into cefiro information....
« on: November 19, 2013, 09:27:10 AM »
hi there members!! i'm sure this has been covered here quite a few times already but i'm unable to find it..... so hence this post!! :dude

I have an a31 cefiro and a rb26dett I accidently won on trade me a while back.

I have got the complete engine and now modified gearbox to 2wd, I have 2 standard wiring looms (rb26) and was wondering if it's possible to wire the engine to the car without too much drama's??

is a mission to wire up?? if so could you recommend someone in the waikato region to do it for me??

all info on this would be greatly appreciated....

my last post was about my rb30 in my r32, turned out costing $6500.00 from one tuner and another $2500.00 from another tuner to fix the first tuners stuff ups!! :spew:
pm me if you want the best tuner for rb's!! :dude

A31_25DET

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 09:42:44 AM »
Quote from: west07;622489
I have an a31 cefiro and a rb26dett I accidently won on trade me a while back.

Sorry mate I cant be of any help but this is by far the best part of the post Haha
will be following this close though as looking for the same answers.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:44:33 AM by A31_25DET »
Current Rides:
1996 R33 GTS25-T
1990 E39A VR4 EVO 0

Nothing better than the feeling of hitting boost.......................and still thinking you have control!!

projects

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zerofighter.co.nz
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 01:07:25 PM »
funny you say this. i have my RB26dett loom that i wired into my A31 sitting around, eventually the motor is to be rebuilt and put into a S13, with a custom loom anyway.
I've cut the injector power feeds back as i sold my resistor pack with the injectors.

This loom will start the motor and run the RPM gauge worked, but i dont think i connected up the air con switch, and maybe the power steering sensor. I cant remember 100% now.

What motor was previously in the A31?
Rb26det Holset S13 Track car.

http://www.zerofighter.co.nz

Clinton

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 04:08:53 PM »
Wiring up the RB26 is actually pretty easy, how soon are you looking to do the conversion?

I may be moving to Hamilton early next year, and have wired 50+ different engine conversions so could do it for you? Or I can just tell you how to DIY if you aren't scared of some wires.

west07

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 08:59:37 PM »
Hey thanks for the responses, it used to run a rb20det.... I have a friend who's an autosparky but he's estimated it to cost $1g....

I was planning to have it all going and on the track for skids sometime in December....

Hey Clinton, if your able to give me some DIY instructions I'll give it a whirl, I know things like the speed sensor needs to be from a skyline to read correctly on the gauges, I have the resistor pack for the gtr injectors, just would like all the accessories work as well.

Thanks guys ��

Did anyone go to power cruise and take there video camera?? ��

Clinton

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 11:01:18 PM »
Don't need speed sensor or heaps of other factory stuff to function, unless you wanna use launch control or the speedo reading off a pfc controller etc.

Really only needs power to the loom/ecu, start signal to ecu, and tacho and water temp to the dash.

No-way in hells its 1k worth of work, more like $100-200 lol

downtrail

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 02:09:01 PM »
Must charge $500 an hour! Think im in the wrong game lol. Its really not hard to do man grab the ecu pin outs for the motor you are putting in and the motor that was in the car and match them up easy as that.
----->UNLIKE OTHER FORMS OF SPORT DRIFTING REQUIRES THE USE OF TWO BALLS<-----

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.facebook.com/cole.customs