Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: R33 Money Pit  (Read 8712 times)

Mantis

• RB20DET
  • Nissan Laurel Medalist
    • View Profile
    • Nissan-dedicated Instagram
R33 Money Pit
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 12:37:16 AM »
Looking good mate, nice job on repairing the plastic gear-surround, too. Can't wait to see it sacked, always sweet to see a mint condition Skyline like yours

A31_25DET

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
R33 Money Pit
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 02:04:30 PM »
Quote from: iMantisNZ;626247
Looking good mate, nice job on repairing the plastic gear-surround, too. Can't wait to see it sacked, always sweet to see a mint condition Skyline like yours

cheers man, cant wait to see it myself haha
Current Rides:
1996 R33 GTS25-T
1990 E39A VR4 EVO 0

Nothing better than the feeling of hitting boost.......................and still thinking you have control!!

A31_25DET

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
R33 Money Pit
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 02:15:18 PM »
so in the last couple of weeks, managed to pick up some end caps so thought id give them a test fit - didn't go so well,

that being said these are now for sale $60 (what I paid for them) :D

have never been a fan of the S2 taillights so managed to pick up some S1 ones and tinted them looks a lot nicer I reckon

also managed to pick up some coupe front lights for something a bit different,

Prepped:

Painted and re attached:

Lost motivation to fit them at this point so next on the list of things to do :D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 02:18:02 PM by A31_25DET »
Current Rides:
1996 R33 GTS25-T
1990 E39A VR4 EVO 0

Nothing better than the feeling of hitting boost.......................and still thinking you have control!!

A31_25DET

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Re: R33 Money Pit
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2014, 09:58:23 PM »
So yea WOW its been a while since I updated this, and have done a few things.

couple weekends later managed to fit the new spotlights, pretty stoked with them aye.
Before:

After:

bought an crappy chinese intercooler kit off trademe and was sucked in with the price. looking inside the fins weren't even or even welded in place so rattled when giving it a shake. Got it pressure tested but still wasn't keen on some fins breaking off and firing through into the motor. In better judgement sent it back and got refunded. Went onto Nengun (great site) and picked up a genuine Blitz kit for only a couple hundred dollars more.

Then couple weeks later set about fitting it. One thing I have to say, was SOOOOO good fitting Genuine parts, bolted up PERFECTLY. Biggest time killer was getting the cut out on the front bumper perfect but so happy with how its turned out.

Next thing that i needed to sort out were my wheels. Kept my wheels off the old Cef but they were in a need of a tidy up to match the quality of the skyline vs the Cef lol. Thankfully my brother blasts and powder coats all their machines they build so had a crack at the rims.

Got the tyres removed,

After a metal blast they came up pretty good

Then ordered in some Gold powder and they came up alright :)

Got some new tyres from the boys at M & T north shore so chucked them on,

Then straight to a cruise that same day. Was a good drive.

Picking up some coupe sideskirts tomorrow that will get made to fit the mighty 4 door then from there Suspension will be next on the list. Will try to keep more updated.

Chur guys
Current Rides:
1996 R33 GTS25-T
1990 E39A VR4 EVO 0

Tomy255

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2014, 10:53:18 PM »
Coming along nicely mate! Not many 33 sedans done right. Haven't seen you around my mates place recently, you not on the shore anymore?

A31_25DET

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 12:05:28 AM »
yea man still on the shore, just moved couple weeks back. Got myself a place with a nice double garage for the old girl :)
Current Rides:
1996 R33 GTS25-T
1990 E39A VR4 EVO 0

MOSTDOUBTED

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 01:21:12 PM »
Put my $2 boot on yet man?

I managed to get the same style roof spoiler you got except had a factory high stop light in it haha. Looking good though, can't wait for next year with my 33.
02 Holden Commdore SS VX
96 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25 Sedan

R33Dan

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 10:43:44 PM »
That intercooler looks like the way to go with the standard intake manifold!

Mind PM'ing me a link/price?

:)

A31_25DET

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2015, 10:52:50 PM »
Put my $2 boot on yet man?

I managed to get the same style roof spoiler you got except had a factory high stop light in it haha. Looking good though, can't wait for next year with my 33.

yea man got it painted up and on, looks so much cleaner and yea yours looks pretty sick man, V8 conversion is a little different too.

That intercooler looks like the way to go with the standard intake manifold!

Mind PM'ing me a link/price?

:)

Yea they make it look really nice and tidy and the good thing about buying genuine parts is that they ACTUALLY bolt straight up not like the shit on trademe.

here is the Link, they are practically half price at the moment which is kind of gutting for me but shouldnt cost you too much more than $400nzd shipped and took about a week and a half to arrive.

http://www.nengun.com/blitz/se-intercooler-kit
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 10:54:52 PM by A31_25DET »
Current Rides:
1996 R33 GTS25-T
1990 E39A VR4 EVO 0

A31_25DET

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 03:56:09 PM »
picked up the coupe sideskirts and this is how they looked sitting on the car, was going to cut that section out and mount to the door,

Was talking to a guy at one of the friday night countdown meets a while back and he mentioned cutting a section off the top of another bumper to make a bottom lip, this is how it turned out, dont think the photo does it justice but looked good, being plastic too its not going to shatter.

Suspension was next on the cards so went and got me some BC Golds. This brought about the necessary low height drop the car has needed for some time
The front has come down a little since this pic

here with my brothers VR4

bofore I had managed to cut the skirts and make them fit the sedan, some genuine Sedan Skirts and End Caps popped out with all the mounts with it so pretty happy with how they will make it look when completed, this is a quick idea

so from here was booked in for cert on Tuesday but just blew the manifold to turbo gasket so might look at getting that sorted and rebook.
Current Rides:
1996 R33 GTS25-T
1990 E39A VR4 EVO 0

Mantis

• RB20DET
  • Nissan Laurel Medalist
    • View Profile
    • Nissan-dedicated Instagram
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 11:53:57 PM »
She's looking sweet as man! That lip idea looks quite good too, might mock up some photoshop ideas and see how something similar would look on the C33 as I'm planning to fit WSR sideskirts to it, but have the bottom of the front bumper be even with the skirts.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:57:33 PM by iMantisNZ »

Mogiman

• SDU Member
  • RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2015, 09:05:24 AM »
Bro good to see it coming along ,are they your old cef green rims?I'm jealous of that roof spoiler been looking for ages ,body kits looks good,your doing a good job on it,as you know Im a 4dr fan ,btw i finally got a manual in a 2 dr what a diff to the performance like you were saying to me ,ill bring it this fri.
I did notice the 2dr side skirts..
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 03:58:11 PM by Mogiman »
Gaming Since you were a twinkle in your daddy\'s eye...

A31_25DET

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2015, 10:54:52 PM »
So been a while and lots has happened :)

Mogi - Yes they are my old green wheels off the cef, the roof spoiler for the sedan is from an N15 Pulsar, rip one off one at a pick-a-part / zebra parts place, about $25, and sideskirts and encaps are available if you are interested since I got genuine 4 door ones :)

In pulling things apart to replace the t3 gasket I blew, i found that i had 2 snapped exhaust studs. When I took off the exhaust manifold in all my awesomeness I managed to snap two more studs meaning 4 in total to drill out now.  :-\

Thankfully have a mates dad who works at trade tools and he got me the latest tool for extraction. Worked a treat except for the very back one thanks to ABS

Took me a few weeks before i managed to do the extractions above so changed a few other bits and pieces while it up in the air, including re-routing the drivers side loom as with the adjusties in it was starting to show wear signs

Fitted an APEXi SAFC Neo to try sort out the over fueling.

Once the studs were out I replaced all 12 with brand new ones, also decided to get the cam covers powder coated thanks to my brother, and heat painted the exhaust manifold

Then all back together WAHOO!!!

After all that, next on the list was to get the sideskirts and end caps painted up and installed. I have done them in a flat black for now to get a bit of distinction between them and the car. Let me know what you guys think. Still unsure myself

As it was starting to come right for cert i decided to add a few more bits, lock bar, some Hardrace camber arms and a 3inch exhaust system.

And finally it was ready for cert :D (on the old wheels so assist with the camber issue i was having).

To my surprise it flew through Cert :) and this is how she now sits after another wheel alignment to dial in the rear camber :D

Picked up some R32 GTR Buckies off Chris round off the interior nicely. And when the guy did my 3 inch exhaust it wasn't quite how I asked for it so made a few changes :) enjoy the fab work.

Using 2 bits of pipe laser cut to make the two into one

this is the result

Before;

During;

After with the bro's BMW and pipes painted

and a nice wee flame now to finish :)
Current Rides:
1996 R33 GTS25-T
1990 E39A VR4 EVO 0

SKDSUP

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2015, 11:20:05 PM »
Damn, this thing is fire! Nice man!
732-

#leoniesponies

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2015, 12:05:33 AM »
Good work. Personally I would paint the skirts the same as the car so they don't look "tacked on".