Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: My wgnc34 problems  (Read 1276 times)

DRFTAH

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
My wgnc34 problems
« on: May 25, 2014, 11:21:45 PM »
My wgnc34 stagea gets a really bad shudder/vibration in the front can feel quite badly in steering under acceleration eg: pulling out of an intersection. If I back off the gas and accelerate again its fine. I'm guessing its the outer cvs causing this? Any other ideas?

Also when on boost if I use more than 3/4 throttle it gets a horrible miss. It's got a front mount and aftermarket bov (not plumb back). I have changed coil packs and cas for ones I know are mint and problem is still there, I also put factory bov back in with plumb back and that didnt change it either. Timing is set right etc. what should I try next? It's done 218000ks so was thinking maybe fuel pump?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
My wgnc34 problems
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 01:14:49 AM »
Check the CVs by driving slowly at full lock one way then the other - you should hear them clicking - or you could jack up the front and test for movement. I assume you have the same size wheels and tyres front and rear and that you are not giving the Atessa a hernia!

Do you have a boost gauge? If you overboost at full throttle you will get "rich and retard" where the ecu dumps more fuel in and pulls timing to protect the engine. You say you have changed coil packs did you put new spark plugs in gapped down to 0.8mm? At that mileage you should probably be looking at a new fuel pump anyway on the grounds that if it hasn't failed it is probably about to. A new Walbro or DW is only about $160 and its a good idea to fit a new feed and earth.

BTW do you have the R33 engine or the Neo?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:16:03 AM by westybob »

DRFTAH

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
My wgnc34 problems
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 10:13:37 AM »
There is no clicking but put on hoist at work this morning and there does seem to be some play and the rh boot is split too which won't be helping things. Front driveshaft from transfer case also seems to have some play in it. alot more than my gts4 r32. im Running 18x8 nismo wheels with 225/40/18 all round.

Yes I have boost gauge, boosts to 8-10psi. I didn't change the plugs as they looked fairly new but I gapped them (I might go get a new set just to be sure). I have purchased a walbro so will try fit that on the weekend. It is the r33 motor.

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
My wgnc34 problems
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 02:20:18 PM »
I have a spare front driveshaft if you want to try it.

DRFTAH

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
My wgnc34 problems
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 08:56:54 PM »
Awesome thank you ill sort these cvs and stuff and see if that fixes it or not and then I might have to give the driveshaft a go, cheers :)