Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: R34 4 Door Daily/Ongoing project  (Read 4623 times)

patio6

• RB20E
    • View Profile
R34 4 Door Daily/Ongoing project
« on: November 21, 2014, 01:00:33 PM »
So here she is. Just recently bought it for a good price. 5 Speed Manual r32 box, rb25de.

Am doing all the cosmetic stuff first and so far have repainted the front bumper and painted the lip black.
I dont have photos of the bumper before but it was in pretty bad shape paint wise.

Cant decide wether or not to carry on the black lip with painting the skirts and the end caps. I think ill just leave it for now until I figure that out. The bonnet was also covered in shitty spray can white but i just gave it a trizact and buffed it up, will need a repaint though as ive gone through on a couple of the swages. Plan is to either plus t it or throw a 25det neo in it. But as always its money goverened so it happens slowly and she is also my daily so cant really afford to take it off the road for too long being 60 km away from home every day.

BLKR32

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Re: R34 4 Door Daily/Ongoing project
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 10:25:38 AM »
Nice man, looks awesome. In regards to continuing the black around into the side skirts, you could always plastidip it. That way if you don't like it you can just take it off.

Soltek

• Administrator
  • RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 11:41:09 AM »
Looks Awesome :)
Nissan Skyline R34 GTT
My Car Thread

patio6

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 05:26:50 PM »
Cheers :D Thought about the plastidip route but i prefer the finish of the bumper coat, has a real nice texture to it. And its basically a primer to so can overpaint it if needed.Ive done a photoshop of it with black all round but i cant seem to figure outhow to upload the picture to photobucket

benji-nz

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 06:22:19 PM »
Small town and I still haven't seen it around haha! Looks good dude.
"I ran a 25 turbo on my 20 when I had stock cams. Managed 300whp at 24psi on e85 figured that was the max on that turbo"

benji-nz

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 10:30:29 PM »
Saw this tonight looks good! Have you lowered it since those photos?!
"I ran a 25 turbo on my 20 when I had stock cams. Managed 300whp at 24psi on e85 figured that was the max on that turbo"

patio6

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 10:09:35 AM »
Oh really?  :D Where did you see it? Nah, havnt touched any suspension bits yet. Photos just make it look super lifted lol

patio6

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 09:21:16 PM »
Right, so its been a while since i really did anything on the r34, life gets in the way sometimes. But Ive found myself with a sense of new found motivation and decided to sort something that had been bugging me for a while.

The high stop in the boot-lid. It was starting to rust out and the last owner had tried bogging it and sprayed it with white spray can paint, and everytime i saw it I would cringe.

My original intention was to repair the rust and refit the high stop, but i thought why not make the job a shitload harder and delete it all together from the bootlid and move it to the rear window.

Heres how it went:

The culprit

The rust cut out and a random shape left.

Cut a piece of paper relatively close to the patch shape, trying to account for the overall shape of the boot lid.

Patch tacked in place, and looking good so far

More tacks, my attempt at trying to keep the heat in the panel down would end up being futile.

Patch all welded inand you can sort of see the warps in the panel below the patch. Fuck it all

Boooooooooooooooooogggggggggggg.

More booooooooooooggggggggggg.

Also welded the bumper back up where the giant canon had melted its way through. The canon is now gone. Yuuuuuuussssss

Prime and a block 1

second and final prime, looking pretty good i think

And finally some paint and clear. :D

Parts back on the car and i actually like it without the lamp, thanks the entitys that be for that!

benji-nz

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 02:44:10 PM »
Looks good dude! Makes it look so easy, I should do my car haha!

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 09:45:39 PM »
You did a great job on the boot!

patio6

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 12:34:44 PM »
Cheers :D

On a side note

Have decided to repaint the lip but black the centre of it. It just looks a bit tatty with black all the way around.

patio6

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 06:13:41 PM »
Next thing on the list, get rid of the pocket under the stereo and make a surface for 3 gauges to sit in as I dont want to use the factory gt-t gauge cluster. Also the hole in the stick surround was auto size so Ive made it a bit smaller so boots actually stay in it.

Before

The surgery begins

The bit I need to do the surgery on. Discovered its ABS, and couldn't find any of it anywhere. Found a donor piece eventually

Check to see if it fits under the stereo. getting pretty excited about it at this point.

Welded up surprisingly well, chuffed :D

Finished product of the stereo surround, gear surround still in primer as Im still not quite happy with the shape of it. Overall pretty wrapped with how it came out. Can't wait to get all the cosmetic stuff finished and start on the mechanical side of things.

patio6

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 05:53:49 PM »
Not much has happened lately, ended up finding a ditch and giving the front end a bit of a push around so have only just fixed that, and went with new color scheme for the front lip and bumper. Starting to think Ill go with a set of 18x10 white xd9s if I can find a set! Also have started getting everthing ready to plus t it. Manifold, neo 25det ecu which has had a daughterboard installed by a company called result magic success orientworks in Japan, if I could find the software to tune it I would but its probaby going to be easier to nistune it. Injectors neo 25det also, and a neo loom. just on the hunt for a turbo now, cant decide between a cheap gt35 or the tried and true t3t4 just to get it turboed and going. Anyway heres some photos of the new scheme, I love it personally.

[/URL]

[/URL]

patio6

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 05:38:19 PM »
So, its a Plus T now!

Did the bulk of the conversion over a weekend but its taken me a week so far with fine tuning oil supply and drain.

Being an RB fan and knowing a little bit about them I assumed that the RB25de NEO would have bungs for the oil feed and drain - this was not the case. I stand very corrected. Anyway I got a supply sorted pretty quickly with just using a brass t fitting from the hole in the block that the oil pressure sender uses and running a line over the back of the engine and around to the turbo. For the drain I initially used the bung located in front of the left hand engine mount (Im assuming is this some sort of VCT breather or drain that might be present on other engines. The first attempt saw the drain do a right angle from the turbo and do a couple of loops before entering the engine, this didn't work for shit and oil was pooling and pushing out the rear seals. I should also mention what I used as a fitting on the turbo feed but Ill get to that later. Anyway, I revised the drain and shortened the line and made it 3/4" which worked kind of ok for a bit but ended up doing the exact same thing. So I gave up on that bung and turned it into a crankcase breather. I ended up pulling the sump off, and welding a drain fitting directly to the side of it so the oil could drain straight down from the turbo which I realised is critical unless you run some sort of scavenge pump. This worked sweet and took a bit of pissing around to get the sump on and off but its done so that's the main thing. So I went for a cruise up a decent hill that is behind the town I live in, on boost was fine and no smoke or anything until you decelerate , then it was just smoke galore. So I eliminated all other possibilities such as PCV blockage, valve stem seals, oil over filled etc. And ended up pulling the banjo out of the turbo and realising it was over supplying oil hugely, and being the rough prick I am I tried welding the hole smaller and smaller which actually started to sort it out but just couldn't get it small enough and I ended up rewelding and drilling a 1.0mm hole in it. Still needs to be smaller though as its smoking a wee bit still, but at least it isn't trying to be steam train anymore. 3 or 4PSI seems to be the limit on this engine/ecu before it starts knocking a little bit. But once I get another ecu in and tuned to handle the kind of compression it has, I can tell its going to be a hell of a responsive streeter with plenty of mid range torque. Sorry if this is too much of a novel, its more for my record keeping and for anyone whos genuinely interested. Also I have a potatoe for a camera so I didnt take photos and I also forgot cause Im a dipshit like that. Anyways, Peace

sk8seddon

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 05:57:34 PM »
what turbo you use? im guessing factory stuff.

i had that setup on my r34 for a year or so, real responsive but runs out of puff at like 4500, and just no top end to it.
was tuned with g4 but i eventually went top mount to both sort the oil return and lack of mid to top end grunt.