Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: another coil pack question  (Read 987 times)

Mogiman

• SDU Member
  • RB20DET
    • View Profile
another coil pack question
« on: January 06, 2015, 02:41:17 PM »
1. Everything Ive read say they should be 0.6-0.9, but forums showing people getting the same readings as me???
2. I have 2 sets of r33 s2 coil packs and they all range from 1.4 to 1.7 ohms ,Most are around 1.55, would it be better to have a lower or higher resistance?

3. 1 set has white marking  6x ( 725 ) and the other set  2x( 632) & 4x 625).markings on epoxied side.

Any differences on the  markings or they just like batch #?
The odd set are the ones from my car,the odd set has the biggest range of difference.
Both sets look identical.
Car feels like its  misfires when warm ,and idles a little rough sometimes when warm.

I have read a few story's like insulation tape ,epoxy the back again ,change the alloy rail
4. Do you think , that rubber paint would be enough to insulate the rail and bolts?
5. Do i need too, or does that rail earth to the engine?

Thanks on your Thoughts

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 02:46:30 PM by Mogiman »
Gaming Since you were a twinkle in your daddy\'s eye...

gtsr

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: another coil pack question
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 03:48:46 PM »
There's series 1 and series 2 coilpacks for each series of engine. Some models share similar coilpacks hence different part numbers. The igniton modules are similar too and can be swapped over with a few pinout changes on the plugs.

Coilpacks leak on the seem that joins the 2x halfs of coilpack together, just under the mounting bracket. Grey tracking marks in that area give it away when the coilpack casing fails, as it leaks the charge onto the mounting bracket. Dipping in resin??? to fill the cracks is one temporary solution. There's how to's on the internet (forums, etc).

Coilpacks are designed to last 100,000kms. At the same time you replace the coilpack loom as it goes hard, brittle and the sparkplugs at the same time to match what the engine requires. I think stock are PFR6A-11 for RB25DET and usually fit a PFR7A-11 plug gapped to 0.8mm to prevent missfiring at higher rpm.