Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: this forum need a revamp  (Read 2744 times)

deepdarkminimal

• RB26DETT
  • www.nzprojectcars.com
    • View Profile
    • NZ Project Cars
this forum need a revamp
« on: April 08, 2015, 02:00:59 PM »
kinda sad to see this place die out, its always been pretty helpful for me.

theres always quite a few guests browsing this place which shows there's still people using it.
just not many contributing.

also i think its weird how threads start from the bottom and read upwards.

ideas -
maybe make it compulsory to register to view the forums
and change to more simple categories (not so many)

good points - some of the archived posts have been life savers, there's a wealth of info still on here.

just my 2c
www.nzprojectcars.com
NZ's newest dedicated project car forum

Ryeoon

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Re: this forum need a revamp
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 08:00:11 PM »
Sad to say but the new layout killed it for me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R33Dan

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 10:38:55 PM »
Not gonna lie, the OP being at the bottom of the page does my head in!

Mantis

• RB20DET
  • Nissan Laurel Medalist
    • View Profile
    • Nissan-dedicated Instagram
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 09:34:11 AM »
I have mine set so the OP is always on top. You can do it by going to your forum profile, then at above your avatar on the top left, hover over 'Modify Profile' and click 'Look and Layout' from the drop-down box. Scroll down to the second to last bulletpoint and untick "Show most recent posts at the top". I'll probably make a step-guide with photos as it seems this isn't that well known to people on the forums. :)

deepdarkminimal

• RB26DETT
  • www.nzprojectcars.com
    • View Profile
    • NZ Project Cars
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 10:05:36 AM »
Sad to say but the new layout killed it for me
yep definitely,
as soon as it changed it was really hard to navigate around and i think lots of people just couldn't be bothered getting used to it
its still quite similar but its the really small things that made it easy to use that have gone

it was good knowing i could jump on here whenever i had a problem and get some replies on the same day
now it seems like there may be no more than 10 active members that post lol, well from what ive seen anyways

i will definitely make that change, but maybe it should be a default setting lol
www.nzprojectcars.com
NZ's newest dedicated project car forum

BADHAB|T

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 11:30:41 PM »
I have mine set so the OP is always on top. You can do it by going to your forum profile, then at above your avatar on the top left, hover over 'Modify Profile' and click 'Look and Layout' from the drop-down box. Scroll down to the second to last bulletpoint and untick "Show most recent posts at the top". I'll probably make a step-guide with photos as it seems this isn't that well known to people on the forums. :)

Thank you for saving my sanity... OP post at the bottom was driving me nuts!

Yep.. tis a real shame to see this forum get ever quieter :(
Might be a sign of the times too... Skylines are far less common now than they were 5-10 years ago. I mean R32-R34... the shapes that attracted the most members here.
Anyone want to buy my R32 now I have everyones attention?! :D

SkylineObsession

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 12:47:17 PM »
The biggest problem i have is no obvious indicator as to which forum has new posts, and/or which topics have new replies?

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 01:34:31 PM »
The biggest problem i have is no obvious indicator as to which forum has new posts, and/or which topics have new replies?
You just click on "show unread posts since last visit" (top left) and/or "show new replies to your posts"

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 10:40:02 AM »
We needs some meets and events going again to generate some interest. I used to get out in force and do it but I don't have a skyline anymore. All the senior members who had skylines are also selling up or moving on. Need a new generation to kick start it.

BLKR32

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 01:23:03 PM »
We needs some meets and events going again to generate some interest. I used to get out in force and do it but I don't have a skyline anymore. All the senior members who had skylines are also selling up or moving on. Need a new generation to kick start it.

I remember when you used to rock FB events for SDU every week and did a few with the JZX crew (if my memory  serves correctly). But same boat, sadly don't have the 33 any more so kind of just lurk these days. Been active on the MCM forums cause that's a big mix of cars from around the world.

Soltek

• Administrator
  • RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 11:50:47 PM »
Hey All,

I think I've fixed the issue with the forums being back wads (software update)
The reason we had to change the forum software was because it was about 7 years out of date and constantly and attack and full of viruses.
The new layout was more then just a new website it was also but a whole back end change.

Hope you can understand

Nissan Skyline R34 GTT
My Car Thread