Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: How do I go about tuning my Nistune ecu  (Read 1036 times)

Dunny866

• RB20E
  • 30det R33
    • View Profile
How do I go about tuning my Nistune ecu
« on: October 20, 2015, 08:21:35 AM »
Hey guys I've got a 30det r33 with a Nistune Ecu, when I Got the car the guy told me he had it on the dyno running 20psi and the clutch coulee the handle it so they backed it down to 10psi. I've changed the clutch and flywheel now I want to run 20 psi again how do I go about tuning my Nistune to make it run 20psi I can't take it to a shop because there's no one in my shit little town that knows how to tune it and I can't afford to take it anywhere like Christchurch or timaru, any help is much appreciated

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Re: How do I go about tuning my Nistune ecu
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 05:46:06 PM »
Realistically you need to take it to someone like EFI in Christchurch to tune. You need the software and unless you are a competent tuner and have all the gear it is not feasible to do it yourself unless you are prepared to buy the gear and teach yourself to tune and are prepared to wreck your engine if you get it wrong. What kind of turbo do you have? Do you think the story about turning down the boost because of the weak clutch is credible? Do you have dyno sheets - what power are you making now?

Dunny866

• RB20E
  • 30det R33
    • View Profile
Re: How do I go about tuning my Nistune ecu
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 09:08:08 PM »
Yeah brought the car off a mate of a mate and it's got a garrett ar/70 making roughly 400 horse atw