Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Clutch disengagement issues.  (Read 1072 times)

Mantis

• RB20DET
  • Nissan Laurel Medalist
    • View Profile
    • Nissan-dedicated Instagram
Clutch disengagement issues.
« on: November 05, 2015, 05:46:44 PM »
Hey lads,

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to diagnose the issue my mate's having with his freshly converted S14. The issue is that the slave rod on the slave cylinder isn't protruding out far enough when the clutch pedal is depressed in order to move the release bearing enough to fully disengage the clutch, thus effectively having zero clutch. The pedal feels weird, it's not springing back fully and there's about an inch and a half of play where it does zero and within an inch from the floor it starts to have pressure. I probably just explained that like crap so in short, the clutch pedal only seems to have pressure about an inch from the floor, similar to how a heavy duty clutch feels, however the rest of the clutch pedal travel is like it's not even connected to anything.

At first I thought it might just need a bleed, which I told him to do and came out and helped him after he said he's bled it several times and no results. A bit of air came out when I helped him bleed it and the point of travel in the pedal where it moved the slave rod became stiffer, but it still had mountains of play left and was unchanged after bleeding both master and slave.

My current thoughts are the master cylinder has f**ked out, but I'm not that experienced with clutches. Any advice?

30ed32

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Re: Clutch disengagement issues.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 07:46:22 PM »
adjust the pedal
lol everything I say is just made up, don\'t pay any attention

Mantis

• RB20DET
  • Nissan Laurel Medalist
    • View Profile
    • Nissan-dedicated Instagram
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 11:05:50 PM »
adjust the pedal

Have already played around with it but I'll let him know, we think the threaded rod from the master cyl may be too short to suit an S14 as it's like 3 threads from the end and it's still playing up how it is.

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 12:13:59 AM »
Look for leaks on both sides of the firewall (including behind the carpet as well as the slave cylinder. What M/C is it? It may be unsuitable. (or stuffed).