Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: RB20e C33 Manual Conversion, Help!  (Read 1534 times)

Rb20eautom8

• RB20E
    • View Profile
RB20e C33 Manual Conversion, Help!
« on: January 13, 2016, 06:01:19 PM »
Rb20e manual conversion help!

Hey guys, first time poster! ( I know this is a Skyline forum but there's no 'Nissan Laurel down under' and thought you guys wouldn't mind helping   ;D )

Okay I really, really need some help. I'm gathering parts for the manual conversion of my C33 Laurel, and need someone to give me a 100% complete list so I know what else I need to get so I don't get halfway through with my car in bits and realise I've forgotten something.

I know this has been covered elsewhere on the net but nowhere has a fully complete and correct required parts list for the conversion and Id like to clear it up by someone who has done the job and knows what they're talking about.

So far I have:
20de clutch kit
Master and slave cylinders
Braided clutch line
Sandwich plate
Short part of a c33 20det driveshaft
20det gearbox
20de (6 bolt) flywheel and bolts
Spigot and clutch alignment tool
R32 Center console

What else do I need to get to finish it off fully? also does anyone have any s13 front springs for sale ?

Thanks heaps!

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Re: RB20e C33 Manual Conversion, Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 10:14:06 PM »
Spigot bearing... auto and manual are different.
Does your car have a hand or foot parking brake?

Rb20eautom8

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 07:38:26 AM »
Mine has the foot hand brake with hand release

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 12:18:29 PM »
OK so you need a handbrake and cables
and a clutch pedal

Phlex

• SDU Member
  • RB20DE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 02:58:20 PM »
Hey ive done these a few times on Skylines, Laurels, Cefiros and Silvias so have a fair idea of the process

Gearbox with shifter and bolts
Flywheel and genuine bolts or ARP replacements. Don't use others if you like your legs
Clutch pressure plate, clutch plate and release bearing with carrier plus bolts to suit
Manual Spigot Bush
Clutch pedal, master cylinder, slave cylinder with push rod and line to suit (I highly recommend using the braided lines for around $80NZ)
Manual brake pedal or cut your current one down with a grinder - can be done in place but would recommend taking it out due to sparks
Manual handbrake and cables to suit. Can use skyline one. You will also need the mount that is stitched into either a manual C33 or any R32
Driveshaft to suit your setup. Sometimes you can get away with swapping the front half and sometimes you need a complete shaft

You will need to bridge 2 wires on the side of the main fuse box in the engine bay to make the car start as it has a safety mechanism so you can't start it in drive. These are usually brown and black but will be the two biggest wires coming up from the auto trans loom.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]