Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: R32 - Interior Temperature Sensor  (Read 805 times)

sonoramicommando

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
R32 - Interior Temperature Sensor
« on: March 30, 2016, 06:08:21 AM »
I was clearing out the car and the garage and pulled out the little sensor behind the wee grill at the bottom right corner of the centre console and chucked it out the bin. A big mistake - driving to work this morning and I wondered why the air coming our of the vents are so hot and it hit me (well, it happened before, except then I didn't bin it - it was rubbish day yesterday so no going back now).
So the question is, now the sensor is not there and the circuit is incomplete, i.e. sensor would be showing resistance of infinite. From this I gather high resistance = hot air temp coming out of heater mixer and perhaps (hopefully) low resistance = cold air.
Would I be able to hook up a toggle switch just to make and break the circuit (0 resistance & infinite resistance) depending on when I want cold air or hot air?
I don't use intermediate temperature settings - never have on any of the cars I've had. The car doesn't have A/C any more anyway (which was the reason I thought the temperature sensor would be redundant).
Cheers,
Sam

sonoramicommando

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Re: R32 - Interior Temperature Sensor
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 06:16:45 PM »
ok i hooked up a toggle switch and my theory was correct. regardless of the a/c controller temperature setting, open circuit blew hot air and closed circuit cold air. perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk