Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Ryeoons R32 Dedicated Drift Car  (Read 3099 times)

Ryeoon

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Ryeoons R32 Dedicated Drift Car
« on: April 17, 2016, 09:51:29 PM »
Hey guys, coming back out of lurking. Was recommended to make a new thread instead of bumping the old one by the site.

Cars been on the back burner for a few months but rolling it of the grage next month for some drifting. Also spent a bit of time making a new car trailer. Will be doing a few mods which I'll detail in upcoming posts before the drift day. Have cleaned up the exterior slightly as it was becoming very battle damged & rough. So new front gaurds, widebody rear gaurds & Side skirts back on. Now on the hunt for another bonnet, bonnet hinges & front & rear windscreens then it'll be looking mint again and I will be motivated to give it a new paint job. Some 25mm spacers on the rear wouldn't hurt either. Here it is at sits now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looney_Head

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Ryeoons R32 Dedicated Drift Car
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 08:00:04 AM »
hey man, good to see you still have the old beast. how did you trailer turn out, that was the one you built for a course right?
god is just an imaginery friend for grown ups

Ryeoon

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 09:19:09 PM »
hey man, good to see you still have the old beast. how did you trailer turn out, that was the one you built for a course right?

Nah sold that one off. Have been getting better with my fabrication skills & made this new one which I'm quite proud of. Almost same design except better dimensions, Legit Gtst's & added features. Still need to build a wheel rack on it yet though. Car was quite a recent photo but have put all the new gaurds on it.

Today I raised the front suspension so that the Lower control arms are perfectly perpindicular to the ground instead of being inverted. I believe this may of been causing me some wheel alignment issues I've been having. Hopefully get a new R33 rack this weekend as the current one has blown a rack seal. úrd time now. I put it down to having no lock stops & possibly wheel bind at lock.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looney_Head

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 07:56:50 AM »
nice looking trailer, what did that end up costing if you don't mind?

i would say lack of lock stops will be the cause for blowing the seals on the rack. might be time to get some better designed front hubs?

Ryeoon

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 05:31:31 PM »
About 3.5k to get it to legal status. This weekend I plan on hopefully fitting a new rack & I'm just going to weld some about 5mm from full extension. Will see how that goes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ryeoon

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 10:28:56 AM »
Old steering rack out (bottom). New R33 rack going in (top) I thought my old one was an r33 rack but appear to be slighlty different so I'm not sure what my old rack was out of. Just waiting on a 14mm allen key to swap over the offset rack extenders. Hopefully don't run in to any problems with the change of rack.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shrike

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 10:11:53 PM »
About 3.5k to get it to legal status. This weekend I plan on hopefully fitting a new rack & I'm just going to weld some about 5mm from full extension. Will see how that goes.

Mind if I ask the dimensions? I am trying to design a size for a concrete slab to go in front of the garage I am looking at building so need to make sure I have space to move a trailer around on  :p
Quote from: MZ ROLA;555218
Personally i prefer DP

Quote from: Stalk3r;558679
mmmm sausage

Ryeoon

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 08:38:58 PM »
2.5 metres wide which is legal limit for light trailer & about 7-8M long. (limit is 15M)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ryeoon

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 10:14:25 PM »
R33 rack fitted in today. All plumbed in nicely with not a single leak. Something worrying to me is that I have found once the hubs max out into the LCA's, the rack then starts to pull on the caster arm thus twisting the front brackets that the caster arms bolt in to. Now when drifting on lock, I imagine this is doing a world of hurt to my car/rack & hopefully is this the cause of my rack problems. I wasn't running a front sway bar but now I would never recommend not running one. Haven't put sway bar in yet but will see if it fixes the issue.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 11:08:18 PM »
Shouldn't think that sway bars would help with that particular issue (although may be worthwhile for other reasons). Have you had a look to see if welding in a reinforcing bar will strengthen the brackets?

Ryeoon

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 08:27:33 PM »
Had the car out on the pad at Hampton yesterday for testing. All was good except for a bit of rear gaurd rub which wasn't a major. Powersteering worked a treat with the new rack. One thing I have noticed is at slower speeds taking off/drifting I get rear wheel tramp. Someone has mentioned it may have something to do with my rear traction arm adjustment which I don't actually ever remember setting them up as they are adjustable. So need to do a bit of research there. Booking my next full track day this week.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ryeoon

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 10:32:36 PM »
Weekend just gone -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOFQrCjROkI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looney_Head

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 07:57:47 AM »
nice. looks like a bit of fun. how much does one of those days cost?

Ryeoon

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 06:37:39 PM »
nice. looks like a bit of fun. how much does one of those days cost?

$140 for that day. Went through half a tank of 98 & no tires as was wet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DeadBroke

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 07:10:48 PM »
Cars looking real aggressive man. Didn't realize that they have to run the pad wet now. Is it all good? I remember it rained on a pad day, and it felt like drifting on ice.