Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: 17" OEM Nissan rims to go on an R33 GTS-t  (Read 795 times)

zzoom

• RB20E
    • View Profile
17" OEM Nissan rims to go on an R33 GTS-t
« on: October 11, 2016, 09:16:19 PM »
Hey all, I've an R33 GTS-t.  I am looking for an OEM Nissan 17" rim to go on the car.  I don't want to go to a R33 GTR rim as at 9" it is too wide for what I want on the front.  The problem I've hit is brake caliper clearance.  I got a set of V35 Skyline 17x7.5 rims, thinking they would be sweet as they are off a later model Skyline, but they don't clear the 4-pot GTS-t caliper.  Does anyone know of another 17" OEM Nissan rim that will clear the R33 GTS-t caliper?  I'm wondering if the 350Z 17" rim will (they run a staggered 7.5" front and 8.5" rear so would be ideal) ) but having bought one set of rims that don't fit properly I don't want to buy another set without being sure they will fit.  I'm in Wellington and have not been able to find a set of 350Z rims locally to do a trial fitment. 

Any suggestions or help anyone has re the 350Z rims or other solutions is appreciated.

mŮk

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Re: 17" OEM Nissan rims to go on an R33 GTS-t
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 07:35:25 PM »
r34 gtt wheels
If dolphins are so smart, why do they live in igloos

zzoom

• RB20E
    • View Profile
Re: 17" OEM Nissan rims to go on an R33 GTS-t
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 06:02:22 PM »
Thanks.  Posting an update in case in future someone else is looking at doing the same thing.  I ended up going with the 350Z wheels.  They cleared the calipers no problems, which was my main concern.  The offset is 10mm off the OEM offset but it drives nicely without being heavy or such like it was with the R33 GTR wheels.