Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: how do you remove the white adhesive for plastic sheet on the door interior?  (Read 752 times)

sonoramicommando

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
ok i'm stripping the interiors and found the only area that hasn't cooked brittle is this white adhesive which is holding clear plastic sheet on the door interior. Obviously it would have been helpful to remove it if it was nice and hard - but no.. it probably just as fresh and flexible as the day it left the factory. I tried with scrapper and MEK & meth but the sticky residue is still there.
anyone can give me some tips?

Drift-monkey

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
Why are you removing that part? It's what keeps water off the door card when it's raining, otherwise, sharp blades to scrape 80% off, then soak in prepsol/degreaser/thinners and wipe it away.... lots.... lol not a fun job aye

sonoramicommando

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
I'm stripping the whole interiors - giving it that race car feel  ::) lol, so door cards won't be back on.
Did a bit of rear door, just to see how it goes - judging from that it seems like a lot of hard work, yeah.
I might just scrape most of the sealant off and tape over it so I don't mess up my clothes by accident..  8)
cheers,
sam

sonoramicommando

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
FYI, a bit of trich and elbow grease made a short work of it. Just make sure wear a proper respirator and protective gloves though, it's pretty nasty stuff!