Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Bosch coil ( placement + lead length)  (Read 598 times)

dirtyc33

• RB20E
    • View Profile
Bosch coil ( placement + lead length)
« on: January 03, 2017, 04:24:03 AM »
Having issue mounting my bosch coils (c33 chassis)

I want to know if the spark plug leads length will affect the spark ie make it weak

Next issue is im not wanting to mount the coils in the engine bay how ever they were mounted in the cabin (weekend cruiser) in another chassis and did it get hot in passenger seat felt like a sauna

Reason for second issue is im not spending money on split fire coils as i have a link ecu with 2x ignitors and its has 6 individual coils hence the heat issue and the fact the coils will look silly mounted on the engine

So what im wanting to know is longer leads plus a solid location for the coils to be mounted on a bracket ( in cabin) will not affect performance im not worried about heat issues at all from the coils obviously it will be mounted so it will not catch fire just wanting to get some feed back on what works and what doesnt i have pics to give a better idea

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Re: Bosch coil ( placement + lead length)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 09:51:39 AM »
I can't really see what you are trying to acheive. Link ECU with Splitfire coils mounted in the usual position is the easiest and most tidy solution.
I don't know why you want coils in the cabin - how are you going to run the leads with out making holes in the firewall?
There is always voltage drop with long wire length. How it will affect your spark I don't know.