Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Going for low volume cert soon, any advice/tips?  (Read 684 times)

xsv_32

• RB20E
    • View Profile
Going for low volume cert soon, any advice/tips?
« on: March 06, 2017, 01:33:05 PM »
Hey all, finally have the car at the point where its about time for lvv cert. I just thought I'd put it out there and ask if you had any issues with a particular modification, or if you were failed on something or had to change something on the car to pass? Just looking for things that haven't crossed my mind as of yet, example; a mate of mine had to secure his battery power cable to the floor of the car.?

I am just hoping to avoid a giant list of work to do on the car after having it inspected. Any suggestions and tips would be appreciated.

Certifier I'll be using is Don Hoff in chch.

Phlex

• SDU Member
  • RB20DE
    • View Profile
Re: Going for low volume cert soon, any advice/tips?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 09:35:45 AM »
What mods are you certifying?  I certed for turbo, suspension, seats, adjustable arms, exhaust, manual conversion, HICAS delete etc and had minimal issues other than him not liking my interior driveshaft hoop washers and a few replacement suspension bolts that didn't have tensile ratings stamped on them (GK Tech ones too)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

xsv_32

• RB20E
    • View Profile
Re: Going for low volume cert soon, any advice/tips?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 12:05:31 PM »
Much the same. Motor, manual trans, suspension, brakes, seat, driveshaft and hoops. The whole lot haha. Putting a bash guard on at the moment to protect the sump extension, hoping he doesn't have any issues with that.