Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: GT2 Tournament  (Read 28207 times)

RazorGTR

GT2 Tournament
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2002, 09:02:54 PM »
Phil that is what we have done during the GT2 Nights, though we had the car on a single card and everyone used the same car. Your right though it did make for close racing considering we were running 60 lap team races.

The closest was just over a second after 60 laps :eek:

Humm I will have to look at the time sheet again. Any suggestions? The whole point is to be consistant though. Sure you run a hot lap, but if you are pushing that hard spins happen and you can lose 7 sec or more on a single lap. I may spread it a bit more not sure. You have to remember those times posted in the tables were run in the 702hp R34 Calsonic Race car. Let me get back with one of our guys who has only been playing for a month or so and check his times again.

I know the Pro numbers are pretty lax though considering GSR32 has a GT top time page and the pro numbers are 2 or 3 seconds slower than that.

bizkit

GT2 Tournament
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2002, 05:11:45 AM »
well i have finaly managed to track down my ps1 & ps2 having a little trouble trying to find my copy of gt2, so i am just warming up on gt1.

word of warning. i have started the preseason warmup. the fingers are a bit rusty but starting to get back into it.

in a few weeks i will be starting full training.(as soon as the house is finished)

ps i am just trying to rev vince and greg up.

RazorGTR

GT2 Tournament
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2002, 09:21:47 AM »
ut oh the bizkit is practicing already!!!!!!!! wholy sheep chit bat man hahahaha. Good on ya mate. Oh BTW since I know what car you are going to be driving thought I would give you some compitition this time. I may take the same one.

Oh and yes I have already smashed ever lap record I had done in the Skylines and Supra. Love dat car mate :)

GSR32

GT2 Tournament
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2002, 02:57:56 PM »
hehehe - You guys are a worry.

I have learn't something about GT2, and that is, practise doesn't help. You can practise all you want and get real good in the comfort of your own home, but when you turn up on the day of tournament, and people are looking over your shoulder and there are people talking and making noise in the back ground, things are a little different.  It's even worse if you are expected to drive well. I suk! under pressure.

So, due to my commitments this year, and the lack of time I have to sit in front of the playstation, I am going to leave it till the last second.  I will quickly run through the qualifying circuits, do a couple of laps, work out what category I am in, and go from there.

I know some of you are competitive and there is nothing wrong with that, practice if you want, but at the end of the day, I am going for the fun of it, not to win. :)

RazorGTR

GT2 Tournament
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2002, 08:32:59 PM »
**Razor checks out GSR32's gamming page** Suc? ummmmm yea right. I don't think so Tim :eek:

Besides this is suppose to be fun and it will be. Yea I know I have that competitive nature about me, but I have seen that in you too Mr. Griggles :p

Anguss

• Global Moderator
  • RB26DETT
    • View Profile
GT2 Tournament
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2002, 10:05:14 PM »
I've seen that competative nature also!
Remember that I have you guys on video from the karts! :laugh:
Regards,
Angus.

kennydead

GT2 Tournament
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2002, 05:00:40 AM »
i am a lil worry,

to be honest, all i know in GT2 is drift, is there any drift competition??

to race properly, i can only do it in real life.

RazorGTR

GT2 Tournament
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2002, 11:48:32 AM »
Ok guys we are looking to have the first GT2 Season competitors meeting. There we will cover race dates, choose our cars, finalize the tracks running, and place the drivers in their classes.

I am thinking of March 23. Let me know how that sound?

SPECTRE

Hmm
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2002, 01:43:43 PM »
Yep sounds good to me!!:D

RazorGTR

GT2 Tournament
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2002, 08:52:34 PM »
We are looking at a start time in April guys so get practicing :)

darkness

• Administrator
  • RB26DETT
    • View Profile
GT2 Tournament
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2002, 12:28:20 AM »
I'm working on the pic dude.
AFK.

kennydead

GT2 Tournament
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2002, 05:12:40 AM »
obviously, no one pay attention to me

uhmmmm:(

HEHEHEHEHE:D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2002, 07:41:05 AM by kennydead »

GSR32

GT2 Tournament
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2002, 10:27:21 AM »
Kenny - I'm listning :)

You can drift all you like, it's all fun buddy.  I'll have a drift or 2 no doubt.  No race is complete without the odd drift here and there.

Dakkath

wish you were in Australia
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2002, 06:20:14 PM »
I have won every single race in gt2 barring some off road and a few constructors... and yes even the endurance are all done (finished them all multiple laps ahead.)

got over 30 skylines in my garage hehe:karate:

would love to see how I'd go against you guys
might have to dust off the PS1 and give it another run

RazorGTR

Driver's Meeting March 23 @ 5:00pm
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2002, 08:56:19 AM »
Ok guys the driver's meeting is March 23rd 5pm my place.

Kenny I have seen you drive on GT2 night and you have put in some respectable times. Remember I still have the GT2 night card which is what the races will be booted up on so if you need to use a car or buy one you are welcome to. They are all set up pretty decent.